Wednesday, March 16, 2005

next steps

i think i'm beginning to understand what thom meant by "flattening out" the patterns again. i met w/ gigi and she thinks it's time to step away from the pattern-form that's forming and take stock of what i have; that is, use the thing i've made as material vs. just building and building upon it.

tomorrow, i'll try photocopying the different sections (or really, it doesn't have to be the sections I've made; can be plain pieces) to get more contrast, lose texture, gain texture; make a movie of photoshopped images. basically, what can i do to apply what's emerging to another context; taking an acetate composition and shifting it to apply it to somethng else. That's the tough part. I'm so wrapped up in the thing I'm making and the material itself.

* mapping
* directives
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]